Top 8 Best E-commerce Platforms to Develop Your Own Online Store
Are you interested in creating your own online store but you are worried about the technology part? Don’t worry as you have come to the right place! In this article, we are going to present you the top 8 best online platforms that provide ready-to-go e-commerce solutions to start your own e-commerce business. The platforms are hosted, which means that you only need to create an account and start building your own shop!
Nowadays, more than 70% of the retail shopping happens through the e-commerce platforms. The reasons for this are many, the e-commerce vendors offer comparative pricing, better deals, easy payment, more options to choose from, doorstep delivery, and etc. By considering all of these benefits, it doesn’t come as a surprise that even brick and mortar stores are planning a digital presence.
Establishing a business online widens your possibilities and options are the opportunities to sell are endless. The best thing is that you don’t have to host your own shop, as most of the platforms offer e-commerce hosted solutions. After seeing expansion in this industry, many people are interested in starting their own e-commerce business.
Today, there are great platforms like Amazon, Craigslist, eBay, and more that let you reach to customers from all over the world and allow you to do the selling. With eBay, for example, you can sell absolutely anything, from electronics and apparel to toys, paintings, cosmetics, accessories, and etc. Selling on platforms like eBay and Amazon gives you more options and a market that exceeds geographical boundaries.
8 popular e-commerce marketplaces
Here are the 8 popular e-commerce marketplaces that allow you to sell your products online and create your own online store:
- Shopify: This platform is ideal for small businesses and retail brands that sell expensive products. Some of the advantages of selling on Shopify are – more than 1500 apps that boost the functionality of your online shop, hundreds of professional, mobile-ready, and appealing themes, 24/7 support, you don’t need any knowledge of coding. They also offer images for commercial use that you can use if you need some extra photos for your e-commerce.
- BigCommerce: This is another reputed platform and is ideal for both larger and small stores. The unique benefits of using BigCommerce are – integration of social channels to leverage the sales, comprehensive and out-of-the-box tools to develop your online presence, and hundreds of applications to add more advanced features to your store.
- Volusion: The only disadvantage of using Volusion is that you have to have a basic knowledge of coding. This platform caters to a range of retail businesses such as apparel, electronics, jewelry, automotive, food & beverages, and etc. Some of the advantages are 24/7 support, zero transaction feel, and 100 apps that allow you to integrate comprehensive and useful e-commerce tool in your shop.
- Big Cartel: This is popular platform among the sellers who are looking to sell less than five products. The key features of using Big Cartel include – mobile friendly and responsive shops, basic features that enable the buying and selling process, real-time feedback with statistics and data, order management, SEO, and promotion marketing tools.
- 3dCart: This platform offers the usual standard options along with special features such as drop shipping support. This platform provides 24/7 free tech support and after signing up you can also use free and premium templates and designs to build your shop. Some of the advantages of using 3dCart are – easy customization, search engine optimization friendly, built-in Facebook store, and real-time shipping information!
So, are you ready to open your own online shop now?
Use our helpful step-by-step guide and discover how you can start your own successful photography business! Get all information you need here! If you think you are a creative person, you possess a lot of talent and photography skills, and you don’t want to work for someone else – the solution is simple – start Read more about Start Your Own Successful Photography Business: Step-By-Step Guide[…]
Interested in starting your own photography business? Read this article and discover the 10 things you need to keep in mind in order to start your business in the right way! So, you are planning on starting your own photography business? What a nice idea! However, there are plenty of things you need to consider Read more about How to Start Your Photography Business: 10 Things to Consider[…]
Planning on starting your own personal photography business? You have come to the right place! Read this article and discover the 4 ways to create a prosperous photography business! Starting your own photography business is a great idea, especially if you are passionate about your job and you know exactly what you need to do. Read more about How to Create a Prosperous Photography Business: 4 Ways to Use[…]